Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Mobile (Android, iOS, BB, webOS) App support
Amount of free bids cut down. Mon Nov 02, 2015 01:16 PM Quote
Jambaliya

I have been using Myibidder for several years and have been very grateful for it, but I have noticed the amount of free bids has gradually been whittled down and now only appears to be 6.

I couldn't find any reference to this in the faqs or what to do to increase it. It asks if you want to buy more snipes, but I wasn't sure whether that is each time you use it or a one off.

I looked for an upgrade on the site but there only seems to be a standalone Windows one and I use an ipad most of the time.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Mon Nov 02, 2015 03:49 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

That applies to mobile apps only. You did not mention it, but it seems like you are using the mobile app of the sniper.
If you used some snipes, you will see your balance going lower.

The Web version of the sniper is free and offers unlimited sniping.

Last edited on Mon Nov 02, 2015 03:50 PM.
 Mon Nov 02, 2015 04:03 PM Quote
Jambaliya

Yes I use the app - on my iPad. I used the web version on my PC until I badly broke my leg 2 years ago and was bed-bound for some time. I got so used to using the iPad I rarely use the PC any more, and now my son has pinched it for a project....

Even on the app, up to recently, I had 10 free bids, but suddenly it's dropped to just 6. I wondered why? Would I have to upgrade to get more? The rest of my question on that point wasn't answered.....

Mon Nov 02, 2015 08:36 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

If you had 10 and now you have 6, that means you won 4 snipes already.
You need to purchase more snipes if you need more.

Btw, you can use Safari browser on your iPad to access the Web interface of the sniper if you are not ready to purchase snipes.

Sorry to hear about your leg. I hope you'll be feeling better.

Last edited on Mon Nov 02, 2015 08:37 PM.
 Tue Nov 03, 2015 03:20 AM Quote
Jambaliya

Thank you.

No, I used to be able to bid on 10 different items in the app at the same time before the message would pop up to say further snipes would need to be purchased. Now I can only bid on 6 different items at the same time. If I try to bid on any more the message pops up. This restriction change has only happened recently.

I do not understand why there would be a restriction in the app but not in the browser. It doesn't make sense.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 05:21 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

You won 4 snipes, so you used them. That's why your balance is 6 snipes now.
This is not a restriction. The payments go to support the sniper.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 01:33 AM Quote
Jambaliya

No. You don't understand.

However many I have already won, I can only bid on 6 items. If I win one, I then have one free and can bid on one more. If I win two. That frees up two more. But 6 is always the limit.

Even If I haven't bid on anything for some weeks or months and then start to bid again, I can still only bid on 6 items maximum at the same time.

10 used to be the maximum. 6 is the maximum now.

If I only need to bid on 6 items over several hours, that is fine, but sometimes I am bidding on maybe 20 items over several hours, and now have to keep going in to MyBidder several times to add bids up to the 6 limit as old ones end.

The point is, there is no restriction in the browser form, yet there is in the app, and the amount of free bids keeps getting smaller too. I want to know WHY it is restricted in the app and not in the browser form.

I suspect you don't actually know the answer.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 03:48 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

As I mentioned before, this is not a restriction. Your balance is currently 6 snipes. That means you can win up to 6 snipes using the mobile app.
You had 10 snipes before, but you won 4 snipes, so you got 6 snipes left.

The Web version is free, so you have no such thing. The Web version offers unlimited sniping.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply