Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

1   2 
Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Mobile (Android, iOS, BB, webOS) App support
Free version of APP crashes INCLUDING $9.99 version Thu Nov 05, 2015 04:50 PM Quote
kaybatousai

I just paid $9.99 for the PRO version of the app and yet it still crashes. It doesn't even load to the main screen.

I'd appreciate a comment on this or a refund.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Thu Nov 05, 2015 07:31 PM Quote
californiatech

Damn thing does not work. I have not even been able to bid on anything yet and still charged 9.99. Please refund us.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 01:48 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

I assume that the free version worked fine, but not the Pro. In this case you have something changed on your device between installing those two versions.

You may also try the Beta version of the app:
http://www.myibidder.com/link/android-free-beta

Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:20 PM Quote
kaybatousai

Your assumption is wrong. You definitely NEED to check your app because BOTH the free and PAID version is not working.

Nothing wrong with my phone at all. It isn't PASSWORD related. When you try and launch the program, it crashes before it even shows the usual screen with the following message "Unfortunately, Myibidder Auction Sniper for eBay has stopped"

Sat Nov 07, 2015 01:54 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I'm not sure why you bought the paid app if free did not work. You should try to contact me first to resolve it before investing any money into it.
Paying for the app does not fix anything.

Did you try the Beta version of the app and it crashes as well?
http://www.myibidder.com/link/android-free-beta

Sat Nov 07, 2015 08:19 PM Quote
kaybatousai

And how are we supposed to know that?! It's not like it's advertised on Google Play page. I didn't even know of the existence of this forum prior to purchasing the app. And guess what? I didn't know the free app had bid limitations until I continued to read the subtopics on the forum.

The more important question here is, when are you going to update the app for these fixes. Clearly, I'm not the only one disputing the disfunctionality of the app at this time.

Sat Nov 07, 2015 08:23 PM Quote
kaybatousai

The beta version you are showing in the link is what I refer to as the "free" version. Yes, it crashes the exact same way as well.

Both forms of the app have the same issue on loading and the same error message pops up each time.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 01:26 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

The free app is always available on Google Play when you search for "ebay sniper". You don't need to know this forum to find out.
That's why it's free so you can try it without buying the Pro version.

Can you please provide a screenshot of when it crashes and your G+ name?
Did you submit the crash report? I don't see it on my side.

Last edited on Sun Nov 08, 2015 02:09 AM.
 Sun Nov 08, 2015 06:58 AM Quote
kaybatousai

Mate,

I'm not arguing with you about the paid vs free version of the app. I've been using the free version successfully for years. All of a sudden, the free version stopped working and I needed something that worked. I checked Google Playstore and the paid version had no reviews/complaints about crashing and hence I paid for it. Obviously, I was disappointed to find out that it isn't working nonetheless. I'm not an app developer, so it's understandable that I expected one to work better than the other...

FYI, I've been using the free version successfully for years and it's only crashed now. I sent several crash reports and I'm not sure why you never received them.

Send me a PM and I will send you my google info.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 04:02 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

It seems like you did not update to the Beta version. I see no crash reports for Beta version at all.
Please check the version you have installed right now? Is it 0.12.9 or something else?
Let me know.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 07:51 PM Quote
kaybatousai

Well, the Beta Version is the ONLY version available through the Google Play Store. I had the original free version. It kept crashing, I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Which means, I would have had the Beta version installed and it still crashed.

Then, I proceeded to download the Paid version which I never had before. It crashed again.

I think I've said this many times over. I ONLY have those versions on my phone. The Beta Version shows that it was last updated in 2013 (according to the link you provided 0.12.9)

Mon Nov 09, 2015 07:55 PM Quote
kaybatousai

Also - When you search through Google Play it only shows TWO versions. Free and $9.99. So how can it even be remotely possible that I have a different version?! I download what is out there. I sent the crash reports and have no idea why you are not receiving them.

It cannot be anything else other than you are also probably missing other people's crash reports.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 04:35 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

The Google Play has release version. The Beta version is only available when you subscribe to it. Not everyone has access to Beta.
I think you are confused with something else. Please check or let me know if you need more information.

The Beta version is 0.13.1.
I have crash reports from 0.12.9, but the fix is in 0.13.1 which you did not install yet.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 06:15 AM Quote
kaybatousai

Well, I went to the link you provided in one of your earlier responses. It directed me straight to the Google Play store page which shows the older version.

OK. How exactly do I subscribe to this Beta version? I would like to receive the latest update. In my Google Play Store on my phone, I do not have any notifications that shows myibidder requires an update. But as you said, it's not everyone and I need to subscribe. Would you mind explaining in detail how I may do this?

Tue Nov 10, 2015 02:40 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Google Play shows the G+ community link, but if it did not show it for you, please use this one:
http://www.myibidder.com/link/android-community

Once you joined and approved, you will see the Beta version instead of the current release.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 04:23 PM Quote
kaybatousai

OK. Thanks for that.

I'm in and I saw the link to become a tester for the Beta version. Will let you know how it goes.

Myibidder 0.12.9 crashes on Android 5.1.1 Thu Nov 26, 2015 05:48 AM Quote
trampelsau

I upgraded to Android 5.1.1 today and Byibidder 0.12.9 is the only app, which is not working any more! It crashes right on startup. Very disappointed!! I have sent a bug report. Please make it run stable on the latest Android. I really loved to use Byibidder and had no problems so far.

Thu Nov 26, 2015 06:37 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

trampelsau,
Did you try the suggestion mentioned above in this thread? Please do.

Fri Nov 27, 2015 01:33 AM Quote
trampelsau

Thank you very much for your reply and for following up on this issue!!

As for your question: yes, I have been reading the thread above, but the link http://www.myibidder.com/link/android-free-beta redirects to free version (0.12.9) the Google Play Store which I already installed. I suppose the free version is not the same as the Beta, or is it?? That would be confusing.

I also signed up to subscribe to the developer forum which is mentioned above, but did not receive a response yet, so I do not have access to version 0.13. Wouldn't it be possible to make the Beta version directly accessible for download??

Thanks once again for the help!

Fri Nov 27, 2015 01:50 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

I see no pending signups for the G+ group as of now. Please make sure you subscribed to the correct community.

Google Play does not let it post it separately. Even if they did, there is no way to track the usage and crashes, so Beta testing will make no sense in this case.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply

1   2