Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
private listing Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:24 PM Quote
H0W

I had myibidder set to snipe an auction at 11.37 but it doesn't register that my bid was placed, but shows that I lost the auction. (The winning bid was 7.99);

When I checked the eBay bid history for the auction it did not provide the winning bidders hidden name (a***b) but rather had :
"private listing - bidders' identities protected"

Myibidder did place successful bids for an auctions with a different seller just moments before and after the above auction, so myibidder was working.

Does myibidder not work on private listings?

thanks for any info

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Feb 14, 2017 01:55 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Yes, it does work for private listings.
If you don't want to share the item number, please let me know what did you see in the status of the snipe.

snipe status Tue Feb 14, 2017 06:22 PM Quote
H0W

At myibidder it shows

Item # | Title | Seller | Curr. Bid ($7.99 the winning bid) | Qnt. (1)| Time Left (Ended) | My Bid ($11.37 in red) |

Wed Feb 15, 2017 02:22 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Your response does not include the item number or the status of the snipe.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 08:41 PM Quote
H0W

Sashka, I do appreciate your help. Thank you.

But I am stymied as to what "the status of the snipe" means. I truly thought that is what I provided. Please let me know how I should find/verify/list "the status of the snipe".

Thu Feb 16, 2017 04:55 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

You provided your snipe amount only, and nothing else. Please double-check your message.
There is no item number or any relevant information for me to look it up.

Last edited on Thu Feb 16, 2017 04:55 AM.
 Thu Feb 16, 2017 08:04 PM Quote
H0W

you wrote, "If you don't want to share the item number," you are right, I would rather not share that information on a public forum. and I can not see how I might be able to send it via private message.

You wrote: "the status of the snipe" "relevant information", I did check my messages and I believed that I did provide the information you wanted. Perhaps this is a matter of semantics or I am a nincompoop?

Please tell me where I might FIND the information you need to help me, so I can relate that data to you.

The attached is all I know.

Download myibidder.jpg
 Fri Feb 17, 2017 03:35 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

I'm sorry, I did not realize it since you did not mention it in the previous message.
You mean you don't want to provide the item number in the public forum or just don't want to share it with me? If this is just because of the forum, please feel free to send it to support directly.

The status is located under item's line, but it seems like you cut it off from your screenshot.
Please check or provide larger screenshot with "My Status" field included under it.

Last edited on Fri Feb 17, 2017 03:41 AM.
 Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:53 AM Quote
H0W

Sashka,

First, I want to thank you for your infinite patience.

Right, I didn't want to publish the number. I clicked your user name and there was no internal link/message system. I did not know that there might be a support button somewhere that I could use, I would have sent the information directly to you.

The key here, for me, was when you told me "The status is located under item's line, ...(on your myibidder page.)

I do actually block that line out of my mental vision, because I believe, the information there is always the same( ie " You won the item").

So I was surprised to find that there was a unique message for this particular auction: "Seller not accepting your bid". I assume that means I am on a blocked bidders list. Which, when I think about it may make sense. Years ago I went to the eBay help forms to complain about high shipping prices and gouging. At least one dealer triumphantly stated that I was going to be placed on her 'blocked bidders list'. (to which I thanked her for saving me from accidentally bidding on one of her auctions). Not sure if this is the same seller, I don't care, or another who read my replies and did likewise.

Ebay, as far as I know, doesn't tell a buyer when an auction is 'private bidder' (wish they would, because there is not need for it now) or give a buyer an option to avoid such auctions. I certainly would. There is really no reason for private auctions, and it seems like a bitter holdover from the nasty times when eBay actively pitted bidder against seller -and obviously a few sellers are stilling hanging on to those times.

Thanks again.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:15 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Great. I'm glad you got it figured out and also avoided the seller you don't want to deal with anyway :-)
Thank you for your follow up and good luck sniping.

The support link is: http://www.myibidder.com/login/contact

Forums IndexNew TopicReply