Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Mobile (Android, iOS, BB, webOS) App support
HOWTO: how to add a snipe using Myibidder iOS app Sun May 19, 2013 09:27 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Login
1. Login using your username and password. If you don't have an account, you need to create one: https://www.myibidder.com/login/signup
2. Link your eBay account to your sniper's account using https://www.myibidder.com/main/ebay

If you know your item number:
1. Open the app and login using your username and password, if not logged in yet.
2. On the "Main Menu" screen tap "Add Item Number" under "Add Items" section, and enter the item number. Then click "Add" to confirm.
3. You will see "My Snipe" screen.
4. Put your absolute maximum amount to snipe in "Maximum Bid" and tap "Activate" to make sure it's "On".
5. Tap "Save" to save your changes.

If you have the item added to your Watching List on eBay:
1. Open the app and login using your username and password, if not logged in yet.
2. On the "Main Menu" tap "Import Watching List", it will take a few moments to get your Watching List from eBay. Tap the "Refresh" if you have any recent changes to get the latest.
3. You will get a list of your active items in your Watching List.
4. Tap the item you want to import into the sniper. You'll see ">" on the right side confirming the item is imported.
5. Tap the item again to get to "My Snipe" screen.
6. Put your absolute maximum amount to snipe in "Maximum Bid" and click "Activate snipe" to make sure it's "On".
7. Click "Save" to save your changes.

Last edited on Mon Feb 01, 2021 01:02 AM.
Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
iOS settings Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:11 AM Quote
u17tc

After following the iOS instructions step by step and entering and saving my max bid value do I have to initiate the first bid (manually) or does mybidder do it for me? There are currently no bids on the item above its minimum value requested by the seller.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 01:08 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

You do not need to place any bids manually.
The only possible situation when you need it is when you suspect that seller may have some sort of restriction on you. In this case you just place a minimum manual bid first to make sure it goes through.

Myibidder Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:19 AM Quote

Is this a secure app? Zero reviews in the Apple Apps Store.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:35 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

wrote:
Is this a secure app? Zero reviews in the Apple Apps Store.

It seems like you are looking at wrong place. The app has dozens of reviews on the App Store with average rating at 4+.
Please check.

Last edited on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:35 AM.
Reviews Fri Mar 14, 2014 07:33 AM Quote

Please point me to the reviews. I just double check and the Apple istore has no reviews and no ratings. Five empty stars or zero out of five.

Since you want my eBay login I'd really like to hear from some other users first.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 05:37 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

http://www.myibidder.com/link/ios-pps
The left side has the following: "Customer ratings" where I see the following "41 ratings".
That's in US store. Each country store has different number of reviews.
If you open it in iTunes and click "Reviews", you should be able to chose to read reviews for this particular version of for all versions.

If still confusing or you could not find it, please provide a screenshot and I'll check it for you.

P.S.: if still not sure if you want to trust it or not, then you can create a brand new eBay account for sniping purposes only. It has no financial information anyway.

Last edited on Sat Mar 15, 2014 05:40 AM.
Does our gadget need to be on standby? Thu Dec 11, 2014 04:25 AM Quote
julsan

Hi, I am interested with your app, all I want to confirm before I buy your app is whether my gadget has to be on standby mode while the bidding end? In this case should your app remains open until the time ends? Thanks.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 04:33 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Once you set your snipe, you do not need to be online for the snipe to work. You can even turn off your phone or have no connection at all.

credentials safety Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:02 AM Quote
julsan

OK, thanks for your info. one more thing, are our credentials like username password and credit cards information are safe? Thanks.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 04:49 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Your user id and password are stored encrypted. Your device has a login token only, not the actual password.

Your Credit Card is not required anywhere in the sniper and so not stored in any way. You don't enter it anywhere in the sniper.
Your Credit Card is needed for App Store purchases only, that means Apple stores it on their side only. Myibidder is not involved into that.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply