Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
Failed Snipe - Status says "Auction Ended", what happened? Wed Jun 07, 2023 03:16 AM Quote
DyeHardFan

Never seen this before, loaded my usual snipe (days before) to go in with 2 seconds left and it never submitted. Normally I get a reason why like if the credentials failed, but it just says "Auction Ended". What happened?

[attached picture]

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Wed Jun 07, 2023 04:10 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

I see eBay was slightly slower than usual and could not process your bid in time.
I'm not sure why you set 2 seconds from the default 5-6 seconds. Lowering your time will increase your risk to lose the snipe due to possible network lags or eBay slowness around peak hours.
This is exactly what happened this time.

Unless you have a very specific reason to lower your time and willing to accept the risk, you should keep the default time.
Actually, some users put a higher time for important listings.
Having it at 5 seconds is still short amount of time so others will not have time to react on your bid. Please keep it in mind.

Wed Jun 07, 2023 04:25 AM Quote
DyeHardFan

Thank you for the response. It's curious, I've done hundreds of snipes with 2 seconds with no issues up until this listing. Can we come up with a better status message than "Auction Ended"? That doesn't reflect why the snipe failed.

When sniping at 5 seconds, I've found that users still have ample time to react to the bid and drive the price up, this occurred on the regular when I used that setting.

Wed Jun 07, 2023 01:49 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

If your 2 seconds snipe worked, it will guarantee the same for your other snipes.
Computer network is unpredictable in its nature due to too many moving parts. Especially a big network like Internet.
I have some users who use 1 second snipes and it works fine for them, but the lower time, the higher risk. It does not mean you will always lose, it's just your risk is being higher.

If you have 5 seconds, a user will have to get an email, open eBay website/app, find the listing and submit a new bid.
Not sure how this can be done faster than 5 seconds. Not to mention that email notifications may get from several seconds to minutes.
If you see someone "reacted" on your 5 seconds snipe, that's probably just another sniper who set the snipe hours or days in advance and not a reaction on your bid.

I'll see if "ended" can be changed to something else. It's just the "Auction ended" is what eBay responded on your bid.

Last edited on Wed Jun 07, 2023 01:51 PM.
Forums IndexNew TopicReply