Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for Web-based service
Web-based interface support
Item cannot be purchased due to eBay or seller restrictions Thu Sep 07, 2023 05:33 PM Quote
Udon

I put a snipe on this metal detector this morning and nothing happened.

I did place a bid and was the highest bidder for 24 hours until I was outbid by $3 (so we know the seller allows bids from Canada).
I left the current bidder winning and decided to snipe it as I was sleeping when it ended.

Your web interface states"

"My Status: Item cannot be purchased due to eBay or seller restrictions"

when the item ships to Canada and has no restrictions.

eBay item number:276024077209

Cheers in advance for the help.

Download Screenshot 2023-09-07 080803.jpg

Last edited on Fri Sep 08, 2023 01:53 AM.
Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:43 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

The full message from eBay reads the following:

Item cannot be purchased. Seller does not provide shipping to the country or region of your primary shipping address.

Seems like it was restricted due to your primary shipping address. If you would bid manually, your bid would not work for the same reason.

Next time, when not sure, you can place a minimum bid directly on eBay to see how it goes.
If your manual bid was rejected by eBay, your snipe will be rejected as well.

Fri Sep 08, 2023 01:54 AM Quote
Udon

I did place a bid and was the highest bidder for 24 hours until I was outbid by $3.
I left the bidder winning it and decided to snipe it as I was sleeping when it ended.

Fri Sep 08, 2023 01:57 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

There is no need to ask the same question multiple times. It will not speed up the response, but may add extra confusion for you.
If you are not happy with my response, please follow up instead of resubmitting it to make it easier to follow and avoid possible incorrect answers on my side.

Here is a copy of my response in the support ticket in case if you missed it:

Thank you for the item number. Here is the full message from eBay:
=========
Item cannot be purchased. Seller does not provide shipping to the country or region of your primary shipping address.
=========
It's eBay who rejected your bid, not the sniper. The snipe did activate and tried to submit the bid, but it was rejected on eBay's side.
Are you using VPN by any chance or some other IP which may be blocked on eBay? That may be the reason too.

Last edited on Fri Sep 08, 2023 01:58 AM.
 Fri Sep 08, 2023 02:27 AM Quote
Udon

I asked via your website & then realized you had a forum, hence the question asked twice.

Not using a VPN and it doesn't make sense as I had already bid on the item and was winning.

Fri Sep 08, 2023 03:01 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

If you are not using VPN or anything and were able to place a bid earlier, then please contact the seller and find out what happened.
The seller still have the ability to add restrictions even when auction has any bids. This is rare, but happens sometimes too.

The sniper just places your bids, nothing else. It can't go around seller's restrictions.
If you would snipe manually by placing a bid at the same time, it would not work too.

Fri Sep 08, 2023 03:20 AM Quote
Udon

Seems odd if so.
I attached a photo which I also emailed you that clearly shows they ship to my location via ebay's new international shipping process (which is slowly replacing the GSP).

Appreciate the replies.

Download Screenshot 2023-09-07 201825.jpg
 Fri Sep 08, 2023 04:22 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

The only issue I'm aware of is eBay's restriction based on the IP. For example, Russian IPs are blocked from buying many listings.
If you don't think this is the case, please reach out to the seller as it seems more like seller's restriction, not eBay one.

same problem Sun Nov 19, 2023 05:25 PM Quote
zboo

Hello, I had the exact same problem ! I wanted to bid using Myibidder and I was very disappointed to discover I couldn't won the bid because of the same error "Item cannot be purchased due to eBay or seller restrictions". Like Udon, the seller was located in the United States and did allow international shipping (price was mentionned and no restrictions). Sadly I didn't had the opportunity to bid manually before the end of the bidding to check where the problem came from...

Sun Nov 19, 2023 07:26 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

zboo,
If you would provide the item number, I could check the exact eBay message when your bid was blocked. Maybe it's not the shipping address but something else.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply