Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
Ebay refuses password log in from myibay AGAIN Mon Feb 27, 2017 01:29 AM Quote

Hello :
Just unreal.
Here we go again with the same problem as before several months back.
Thought it was over but noooo lost a chance at winning .
I bid it up to 25.50 and it sells for 10.50
Didn't get the chance to win the auction as it never accepted the CORRECT ebay password and was rejected .
eklb

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Mon Feb 27, 2017 04:16 AM Quote

Same problem here. Rejected my log-in and bid (but was successful only yesterday).
I changed eBay password but myibay will now not log-in at all, even with correct new password.....

Failed login Mon Feb 27, 2017 04:31 AM Quote
Treeprinter

Same here. Failed to login

refused login Mon Feb 27, 2017 05:31 AM Quote

I'm having the same problem. Refused logins.

Login problem Mon Feb 27, 2017 05:33 AM Quote

None of my bids are going through. Ebay refused login.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 04:41 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

The problem seems to be gone after some time, so it looks like eBay resolved the issue.
I wish it was under my control.

Last edited on Mon Feb 27, 2017 04:41 PM.
 Mon Feb 27, 2017 09:39 PM Quote

I have tried again and my myibay still refuses to log-in to eBay with the correct password.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 01:40 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

I can't check without the item number. I could only suspect that your account is still not in sync with eBay or eBay considers your password as being too weak.
Please update and relogin.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 03:03 AM Quote

Hello Sashka:
We been through the item number issue awhile back and it was even stated by you that you needed item number as fresh info which was 15 minutes old when I provided that info way back last time.
So wasn't any help.
But I have a suggestion for everyone to consider as to why this might be happening.
I'm going to say that I don't think myibay bidder program is at fault here and I'm also going to say I don't think ebays at fault here either.
Let me explain those statements.
I'm wondering if we all have our last seconds before snipe bid set so precise that it works most of the time but too closely set before bidding ends that ok the internet got loaded down slowed us all say 2 seconds longer so that our bid didn't get to ebay as fast as normal and that's why ebay refused the bid on password entery even though pass word was correct because the auction had ended so ebay wasn't accepting the password and tossed password failure rejected because we were slowed down on the internet and auction was already over.
Heres my suggestion to all of us here.
I myself have the bid set to be entered 6 seconds before auction ends and I believe if I looked at the ebay bid accepted time that transmitting the bid to ebay left me for example 2 seconds let when received by ebay.
Ok now lets say with that info the internet slowed because of what ever reason and was just 2 seconds slower.
Well if you do the math I got to ebay just as auction ended thus ebay rejects the bid.
Hopefully this makes sense to all here with this problem.
So try as an experiment adding say 3 seconds to your final bid send time.
Like I said my final bid times set at 6 seconds so ill set mine at 8 or 9 seconds and see if that stops the password rejected by ebay because I got in before auction ended.
Just a theory here so lets all put our heads together here and try things and report back.
Heres what id find as useful info from us all to get an idea if were on the right track.
What is your final bid set at for seconds and are you cable dsl or fiber internet and whats your speed?
I'm Finber at 20 mb down load and originally set at 6 seconds on my failed bids.
Eklb

Tue Feb 28, 2017 03:24 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

I see no item number in your previous message, that's why I asked for it.
If you don't want to provide it, that's up to you, but that limits on what I can check and do for you. Please keep it in mind.

Regarding your suggestion:
All your bids are going from a dedicated remote server, not from your PC. That means your Internet speed should not matter in this case.
Under normal conditions, the time deviation is usually within 1 second (i.e. you may see your snipe placed 5 seconds until the auction end while you set 6).
However, when eBay's response is taking too much time, the sniper will try to resubmit your bid. That may take another few seconds (I'd say about 3-5 seconds depending on how network is congested), so your suggestion may work in this specific situation.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your suggestion. Let me know how it will work out for you.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 03:38 AM Quote

Hello:
Update
I just changed my final bid time from 6 seconds to 8 seconds.
Myibay entered the bid and successfully won the auction.
Ok I ran a speed test on my internet connection at WWW.SPEEDTEST.NET and got a test result of my computers internet speed of Ping received 6 milli seconds so well under a second by far and my down load result was 100.98 mbps and upload speed was 21.29 mbps = Mega bytes per second for those wondering.
My ebay auction end time was 19-10-12 and my myibay bidder bid was accepted at ebay time 10-10-12 so I had 9 seconds left for room for error.
If id left it at 6 seconds id have 7 seconds of error before auction ended.
So even today id have won the auction if I left it at 6 seconds.
But if internet had slowed those 7 seconds because ebay was processing bids coming in with mine behind id have not likely made it in time before the auction ended.
Ill keep testing and see if by chance I get caught with say only 2 seconds left or less before auction ends to see if my theory holds water.
Id be interested in seeing the results everyone else has for additional info to think on.
Now bear in mind you wont be able to get info on a ebay failed bid attempt or password rejected as you didn't get entered on ebay to get your bid accepted time to compare with ending time to see how many seconds you had to spare.
Anyone on land line internet will need more time id think as its slow when compared to dsl satellite people and dsl is slow compared to my fiber optics cable so your bid time before end will vary on that and you could use my info to compare to yours but do realize at 100 down and 20 up I'm pretty darn fast compared to the average internet connection out and about.
Not bragging just be aware that I can do 6 seconds where as anyone on say a land line internet connection may very well need to be more seconds added to get bid into ebay.
Hers an idea for you to look at.
Go top any ebay auction you won with myibay bidder and look at the ebay ending time and your myibay bidder accepted by ebay time and subtract the two and itll give you an idea how close to the ending time you got in with how many seconds you had left.
Then consider that to be a base quide line and think on what if the internet slowed up another 6 seconds by chance now and then and if it did would your bid be accepted or was it now after your winning abay auction.
Eklb

Tue Feb 28, 2017 03:46 AM Quote

Hello:
Ooops my bad.
My ebay accepted time from myibay bidder was 19-10-03 Not 10-10-12
So ebay end time was 19-10-12 myibay bidder accepted bid by ebay was 19-10-03 so 9 seconds left before auction ended with my bid accepted.
Eklb

Tue Feb 28, 2017 04:13 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

As I mentioned earlier, your Internet speed connection has no relation to the time of sniping.
There is no need to measure it in connection with sniping time.
Please check or let me know if you need any more information on that.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 06:29 AM Quote

wrote:
I have tried again and my myibay still refuses to log-in to eBay with the correct password.

Strange.... eBay must have fixed something?
The software now logs in perfectly fine with my new password.
All good now (and I hope for my next auction snipe).

Tue Feb 28, 2017 04:15 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

wrote:
Strange.... eBay must have fixed something?
The software now logs in perfectly fine with my new password.
All good now (and I hope for my next auction snipe).

I think it was a temporary issue.
I suspect that once eBay is getting loaded heavily (especially during weekends), their back end may not be able to handle it properly due to high load.
Handling high loads is not a trivial thing. Since eBay is a complex system, it may happen from time to time.
Good thing that eBay usually resolves it quickly.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply