Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
snipes not going off?? sometimes yes n sometimes no?? Sat Apr 25, 2009 02:48 PM Quote
rdw_l

hi i've been using myibay for quite awhile now but i routinely have problems with my snipes n i get quite frustrated, wonder if the moderator could help me find out what's going on??
i set my snipes way before hand, and make sure they're activated with ample time, have a steady ebay account with no problems, and about 1 in 3 of my snipes don't go off...

e.g. latest one was 250410023184 item id.
my ebay username is rdw_l

another item was 180343930823..

i set the snipe 100bucks higher than the ending bid, and it was set way in advance as well.

also, just another question, does it matter if the seller has set his "ships to:" location only to US but i am in australia? does the sniper still work then?im pretty sure its worked succesfully for me even though the seller didn't put ship to worldwide but some of those i've missed have been shipping only to US...

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Sat Apr 25, 2009 03:33 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Welcome to our forums.

Your snipes are always getting executed. No matter what.
The thing is that eBay may refuse it if you did not meet seller's or eBay's requirements.

If your check "My Status" of those items you will see the following:
250410023184: "You are registered in a country to which the seller doesn't ship"
That means that the seller specifically put a restrictions on this item not to accept bidders who are registered in the countries where he/she does not ship. Not every seller does it.
You should always check if Australia is listed in the shipping destinations. If not, you have to contact the seller first to find out if it's okay for you to bid.

180343930823: "Refused login". It seems like you changed your password recently and did not update it in the sniper so your login was refused.
Please keep your password in-sync as it needed to snipe.

Sniping only works sometimes even with the usual sellers Sun Apr 26, 2009 08:29 PM Quote
tingkjaer2008

Hi there,

First and foremost: Love the program it saves my business enormous amounts of time each and every week, time where I can study instead ;-)

I run hundreds of snipes per week many of which are for items posted by sellers that I always deal with and who do ship to my country etc. But I agree with other users: The snipe definitely DOES NOT always go off.

I would say I could supply 3-4 examples of this per week (all of which were programmed hours or days before auction end).

If you want to see some of these, I can post them here as they show up?

Regards.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 08:33 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

tingkjaer2008 wrote:
I would say I could supply 3-4 examples of this per week (all of which were programmed hours or days before auction end).

If you want to see some of these, I can post them here as they show up?

Definitely, yes.
Please feel free to post them either here on the forum or directly to Contact if you want to keep it private.

When you will be posting them, please include "My Status" information so you will get a better idea what happened and how to avoid it in the future.
I will describe each response by providing an additional information to make it more clear.

Sun May 03, 2009 07:46 AM Quote
tingkjaer2008

Recently though, there hasn't been a problem, thank goodness. So I will get back to you as soon as the statistic starts proving my case again.

You claim the snipe always goes off, then why the option to set time in seconds, with 6 sec as standard? Why not 1 second every time?

Again, I'll get back to you with workable examples ASAP.

Thank you!

Sun May 03, 2009 04:11 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

You can put any time. You can put 1 second if you wish, but you have a higher chance for your snipe to be late (but it will fire anyway) due to slowness on the network or eBay servers. That's why I usually recommend about 6 seconds.

Additionally, making it lower than 6 seconds does not make sense as the manual sniper will not have chance to outbid you anyway.

Mon May 04, 2009 02:25 PM Quote

First example:

username tingkjaer2008

snipe was 55.55 EUR, final bid was 52.00 EUR, 6 seconds-setting.

Mon May 04, 2009 04:51 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Please also provide "My Status" information on this snipe to make it more clear.

When I checked your account, I see the following in My Status:
"Extra confirmation".
That means the your snipe fired, but eBay asked for an extra confirmation during bid process. That's usually because your password is too weak.
Please update your password to make it stronger:
http://www.myibay.com/forums/viewtopic/1316/short-or-weak-password-will-prevent-you-from-bidding/

Tue May 05, 2009 06:56 AM Quote

I have no idea what you mean with My Status.

Tue May 05, 2009 02:20 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

wrote:
I have no idea what you mean with My Status.

"My Status" is another field which is located under the field where you enter "My Bid".
"My Status" field is available when auction is ended only.

Wed May 13, 2009 04:31 PM Quote

on www.myibay.com or www.ebay.com?

Next example:

220411081971 FLOS Design AUFBAUSTRAHLER TEKNIC,silber,2flg,Strahler skapetze
EUR
Ended
EUR

Wed May 13, 2009 04:53 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

wrote:

"My Status" is located on the same page where you set a snipe on myibay.com.
This auction has the same issue "Extra confirmation".
I previously suggested you to change the password. If you keep your old unsecure password, all your snipes will be refused.

Please follow up:
http://www.myibay.com/forums/viewtopic/1316/short-or-weak-password-will-prevent-you-from-bidding/

Mon May 18, 2009 06:10 PM Quote

Thank you for the replies, but I still beg to differ:

I just changed my password to a strong 13-digit edition and won other items during the day under the new password. But this one:

220414115582 ARTEMIDE TOLOMEO LETTURA,Stehlampe,alu,Leselampe,Lampe skapetze
EUR

EUR

??

Mon May 18, 2009 08:09 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

wrote:

If you check "My Status" you will see the following:
"Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to bid on their listings".

It seems like the seller restricted you from bidding on their items.
You have to contact the seller and find out the reason or ask to remove this restriction for you.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply