Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
Snipe Missed Status says "Extra confirmation (weak password?)" Tue May 26, 2009 05:16 AM Quote
doughboy

I just had an item missed and the status says "Extra confirmation (weak password?)". I've had snipes over the pass few days work fine and the password is sufficiently secure.

Any idea what would cause it?

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue May 26, 2009 03:01 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

When you see "Extra confirmation" error, that means that eBay did not provide any errors at all so I can only suspect what was really wrong.

That usually happens for one of the following reasons:
1. Bad password (your password has some dictionary words, numbers only or part of your user id).
If your password worked fine in the past, it does not mean it's strong. eBay changes and improving password system constantly so your yesterday's good password may be too weak today:
http://www.myibay.com/forums/viewtopic/1316/short-or-weak-password-will-prevent-you-from-bidding/
Fix: Changing a password to something more longer and secure will help (adding a few more digits is usually enough).

2. Something is wrong with your eBay account.
Fix: Please check your "My Messages" on eBay to see if you have some warnings like expired Credit Card, some payment dues (if you sold something in the past), etc.

3. eBay was overloaded during its peak hours.
Fix: unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it. But on my own experience, eBay is getting much better on peak hours compared to what was happening about a year or so ago.
Those small peak hours outages happens very rare, but it happens.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
Forums IndexNew TopicReply