Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
snipe didn't appear? Mon Oct 26, 2009 04:14 AM Quote
stack_chedda

Hi,

I've been using this app for quite some time now, but today is the first time I've encountered a missing snipe.

I scheduled a snipe for item 310175761650, for 5 secs before closing, at $166.21. the auction ended at $147.50 instead, and my bid was not placed as scheduled.

I was wondering what could be the problem? Please let me know, thanks.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Mon Oct 26, 2009 06:00 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

The snipe did not miss.
You did not meet seller's requirements in this case. If you open your Snipe page for this item (the page where you set your snipe amount, time, etc), you will see the following:
"You exceeded the seller's Buyer Requirement for unpaid item strikes".

The seller decided to put a requirement to block those bidders who has some certain number of unpaid item strikes.
You can contact the seller and to either remove this restriction or add you to the list of exceptions of allowed bidders.

Missed snipe Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:48 PM Quote
dec121141

I also have used miibay for quite a while and today my bid didn't register in time. I've contacted the seller because there were no bids ever registered for for the items I was bidding on. I'm hoping to work out something with the seller so I can purchase the products. Ralph

stack_chedda wrote:
Hi,

I've been using this app for quite some time now, but today is the first time I've encountered a missing snipe.

I scheduled a snipe for item 310175761650, for 5 secs before closing, at $166.21. the auction ended at $147.50 instead, and my bid was not placed as scheduled.

I was wondering what could be the problem? Please let me know, thanks.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 01:15 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

dec121141 wrote:
I also have used miibay for quite a while and today my bid didn't register in time. I've contacted the seller because there were no bids ever registered for for the items I was bidding on. I'm hoping to work out something with the seller so I can purchase the products.

Sniping does not guarantee winning. You have to meet eBay's and seller's requirements as well.
Please check "My Status" field for more information.

Missed Snipe Sat Oct 31, 2009 07:59 AM Quote
Noodles007

It just happened to me. My account is in perfect standing with ebay. I have no negative feedback ever and zero unpaid items in ten years.
Plain and simple I missed an item based on the fact that a snipe never took place.Item #250519127779

Sat Oct 31, 2009 09:29 AM Quote
Noodles007

I forgot to add that I did snipe the same thing from the same seller several days earlier. No problems.

I love the myibay tool and hope this was just a one time glitch. We will know soon. I am sniping the same item on another auction from the same seller that ends in 28 hours from now.

Sat Oct 31, 2009 03:00 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Noodles007 wrote:
It just happened to me. My account is in perfect standing with ebay. I have no negative feedback ever and zero unpaid items in ten years.
Plain and simple I missed an item based on the fact that a snipe never took place.Item #250519127779

If you check your "My Status" of this item (located on the Snipe page where you set your snipe amount, etc), you will see the following:
"Your maximum bid is above or equal to the Buy It Now price".

This item has $45 BIN price, but you tried to bid at $48. You can not bid higher or equal to reserve price. This is not a glitch, this is how eBay works.

Sat Oct 31, 2009 07:46 PM Quote
Noodles

Ahh, I understand.
I never knew that and I guess I never set a snipe price higher than the BIN price before this.

I thought it was strange because up to that point it has been perfect. I love this tool and would not use eBay without it.

Thank you for the quick answer to helping me understand what I did wrong so I won't make that mistake in the future.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply