Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
Missed snipe, first time this has happened Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:31 PM Quote
tensionman

Placed a bid via snipe about six hours before it was to end. I've used this add-on very successfully in the past and have had nothing but praise for it until today! After the auction ended I checked my snipe and all info was there but for some reason the program failed to initiate a bid. I have the latest updates so can't attribute the malfunction to that. Like some others have mentioned in your forum I'm disappointed because the set I was looking for rarely comes along at such a reasonable amount (I was over the "winning" bid). So what's up w/that? I've lost a little confidence because of this failure and would really like to understand what happened so as not to have a repeat event. Thanks.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:50 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Sniping does not guarantee winning. You have to meet eBay's and seller's requirements.
You can login into your account and check "My Status" field for exact reason on why you did not win. You can find this field on the Snipe page (the page where you set your snipe amount, time, etc).

If you want me to check it, please include the item id so I can take a look too.

Missed snipe, first time this has happened Sun Nov 15, 2009 02:25 PM Quote
tensionman

Sashka,

As per suggestion I viewed status on all my bids won and lost and the entire status field is blank (is this common?) This is the Item# 170404173103. As I said before this was my tenth bid placed using Myibay and the first time it has failed. I appreciate your assistance as I have come to rely on this program when I'm unavailable to monitor bids. Thanks!

Sun Nov 15, 2009 05:37 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

The "My Status" field is not blank, I see the following:
"You are registered in a country to which the seller doesn't ship".

You did not meet some seller's requirement so that's why your bid was not accepted. It has nothing to do with your bid.
In the future if you are not sure, please try to put the lowest possible bid first to make sure it goes through. If it will, your snipe will be fine.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:01 AM Quote
tensionman

Sashka,
What I find interesting is that before I even contemplate a bid I contact the seller to get their permission to bid. I have an e-mail from him confirming shipping charges to my location... so, if I have this from the seller how do I get around this "technicality?" Is there anyway I can avert the same problem in the future? By the way, I was mistaken when I said "My Status" was blank, I was looking @ "Stage". But I must confess, I cannot find "My Status" after logging in on your main page. Once I get to the main page I have the following icons; Buy, Sell, Search, Tools, Groups, Profile & Contact. Sorry about my ignorance, again I appreciate your time in addressing these questions. Thanks!

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:16 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Having an e-mail (verbal confirmation) from the seller is not enough. The seller must either remove this restriction or add you to the list of allowed bidders.
If your seller won't do it, there is no way you can bid on it.
You can not go around it. This is eBay's and seller's restrictions.

The only way to avoid it: please try to place a lowest possible bid manually. This way you will see if your bid is accepted or not. If it's accepted, your snipe should be fine too.

The "My Status" field is located on the Snipe page. You can get to that page when click on "Snipe" button next to each item (located on the right).
This "My Status" field is available for ended items where you set your snipe only (it's not visible on active items which are not ended yet).

Wed Nov 18, 2009 01:43 AM Quote
tensionman

Sashka,
I really appreciate your time & patience in explaining the process and showing me how to get to "My Status." You really have an incredible add-on and I wish for you the greatest success. Thanks very much for your help.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply