Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
Refresh All (or Refresh selected button, on the main page, preferably). Fri Feb 17, 2012 07:03 PM Quote
lcfoodexperts

Refresh All (or Refresh selected button, on the main page, preferably).

This is the one thing I really, really, would like to see in this very useful tool, on the web-based version which is what I use the most as I move about and use a "managed" (i.e., restricted-install) Windows workstation for 75% of my waking day.

Thanks so much for everything.

Jude

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Fri Feb 17, 2012 08:07 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Thanks for the suggestion.
However, "Refresh All" will be very time-consuming. Imaging, each listing takes about 3-5 seconds to refresh. So if you have 20 listings, it will take 1-2 minutes to refresh all.
You don't want to wait that long. Especially, when you consider that current bid does not affect sniping anyway. You could always check your current bid on eBay directly.

Refresh button Thu Sep 19, 2013 04:06 PM Quote
pastoralaudio

I do adhere to the suggestion of lcfoodexperts, some waiting time now and then would be ok for me

Thu Sep 19, 2013 07:52 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Sorry, that's one of the features which will not be implemented due to being almost technically not possible.

I don't think anyone is willing to wait a few minutes on every page refresh, and also it may affect sniping because all users will be refreshing information which is not worth it.

There is even worse result: if you are going to constantly monitor the current bid and adjust your snipe all the time, you are risking to overpay by being emotionally involved into bidding wars which defeats one of the purposes of sniping.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply