Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for Web-based service
Web-based interface support
show snipe in liste view Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:29 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

AFAIR there was a time when the snipe bid was shown directly within the article view. This is no longer visible.

Did it take too many resources? If not I'd like that back - and even more, to show the snipe amount even in list view for found articles.

Is there any chance to get this done?

Currently I do use Greasemonkey with "old ebay search" which does reformat the display and does add &_pppn=v3 to the URL, which still does permit the wildcard search. A changed list view might support this, too.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Jul 02, 2013 04:13 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

It's there. Please make sure you logged in to the Myibidder first to see your snipe amount on the listing's page.
It does not take much resources for individual items. It may take more for big lists though, so it's not implemented yet.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 05:36 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

I do not see it within the individual item, neither on ebay.com nor on ebay.de. I'm logged in both in myibay and ebay and I did a fresh restart of Firefox 22.0.

Download dt 2013-07-02 at 19.35.36 .png
 Tue Jul 02, 2013 09:14 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

If you did a fresh restart of Firefox after you logged in, you were logged out due to refresh.
Please make sure you login to the sniper (the easiest way to click "Snipe it" link and login), then refresh the listing's page.

P.S.: I did not know Raspberry Pi is so overpriced in Germany. Does it cost more when you order it from Farnell or RS directly?
I got mine from Newark with free shipping, so maybe someone else offers similar deal in EU?
Just curious.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:15 AM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

Since I just have not very much to complain about, I may take some time to answer for the Raspi:

Yes, it's overpriced here. Regular price is about 39 € for the Raspberry Pi model B (ethernet), Revision 2 (512 MB), plus delivery. The model A (just one usb, no ethernet, 256 MB RAM) is about 28 MB.

RS does charge 27.40 € / 19.50 € - plus 19 % tax = 32.60 € / 23.20

The camera module is still expensive, too.

As an alternative, the beaglebone with 512 MB RAM, 2 GB flash and microSD slot does cost 47 €

Back to ebay: I expected that myibidder would not work after the recent layout change on ebay.de. But there were just a few items which were not found, while now everything seems to work perfectly.

Even the old ebay search with wildcards does work again (greasemonkey plugin) since the redirect from www.ebay.de to dsa.ebay.de was abandonned.

But I still don't see my active snipe within my current FF setup - although I could see it on other setups.

Example: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161141614909

Download dt 2013-11-09 at 11.10.32 .png
 Sat Nov 09, 2013 03:35 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Back to ebay: I expected that myibidder would not work after the recent layout change on ebay.de. But there were just a few items which were not found, while now everything seems to work perfectly.

There was an issue on eBay when it showed some weird errors while trying to watch International listings. I implemented a work-around yesterday so it should work now.
I guess it affected you since it started working for you as well.

But I still don't see my active snipe within my current FF setup - although I could see it on other setups.

Example: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161141614909

The auction is ended. If you meant to see your snipe amount on ended listings, you need to click "Originalangebot aufrufen".
If you still don't see it, please provide a screenshot. It seems like you have a different layout compared to what I see right now.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 03:51 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

yes, the layout does change significantly after the acution ended. And even returning to the original (link "Originalangebot aufrufen") does show a different layout.

So here's one with much more time until it ends:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131041299323

... and a screenshot attached

Plus one more screenshot from Safari, which lacks the Adblock extension (notice all the blocked logos from facebook etc., apart from the missing ads), but which lacks the myibidder extension, too.

Thus I do not expect Safari to show the snipe sum. But for any reason the snipe does not show up here, with this setup (Adblock Plus, NoScript, Myibidder and Greasemonkey with its script eBay Old Search 1.17). I would expect that the ebay search script would alter the view. It does so very much for list view, while active. But while inactive, it does not do anything at all - I guess.

I just verified that ebay.com does share the same "improved" layout and does lack the view, too.

I'll deactive the addons and re-check

Download dt 2013-11-09 at 16.38.18 .png
Download dt 2013-11-09 at 16.40.39 .png
 Sat Nov 09, 2013 04:05 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I see the same layout and I see the snipe set. Are you sure you logged in to the sniper? It will not show the current snipe if you are not logged in.
Please login using another tab, then refresh the page.

Also, I'm not sure why you mention Safari. I do not support Safari.

I see you use NoScript. Not sure how it works and what it blocks, but Myibidder add-ons relays on JavaScript so it may be the reason why it does not work.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 04:33 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

Yes, I'm very sure that I'm logged in. The buy list overview does work on refresh and when I click the small snipe logo, the popup does not ask for user and pass, but does show my snipe order.

I mentioned Safari just to show you how another browser on the Mac (still 10.6) does show the page, very much like Firefox does.

Here's another screenshot from Firefox, with everything deactivated but Myibidder, logged in, refreshed.

Download dt 2013-11-09 at 17.30.26 .png
 Sat Nov 09, 2013 04:43 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I have the same exact layout and it appears fine, so it seems like there is some other add-on preventing it.
I would try to disable all add-ons except Myibidder to check. Then enable one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

Please make sure you login again after you restart Firefox while disabling/enabling add-ons.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 04:55 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

what do you mean by "disable"? What I just had done was to deactivate everything but myibidder. That's what I had documented within the screenshot. Although I did not include the url status bar, this was empty from noscript, adblock etc. You may see the effect of deactivated adblock by comparing the two screenshots.

And, of course, deactivation does require a restart, which I did.

What I could do instead is to uninstall everything - although I hope that deactivation would be good enough.

What I forgot was to clean the cache, while I had deactivated all. I'll try that once more...

Sat Nov 09, 2013 04:57 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I don't know if de-activating is the same as uninstalling.
You could try to create a brand new Firefox profile and install one add-on there instead of uninstalling all add-ons.

I don't think cache matters in this case.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 05:58 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

strange, I used a different account now. There all's as expected...

Whatever garbage I have, I wonder how to get rid of it...

Download Screen shot 2013-11-09 at 6.23.44 PM.png

Last edited on Sat Nov 09, 2013 05:59 PM.
 Sat Nov 09, 2013 06:33 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I would guess you can actually uninstall add-ons which you think may affect it, seems like disabling/de-activating is not the same.
Or you can try to add add-ons you need on your fresh account to see when it will stop working.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply