Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for Web-based service
Web-based interface support
Manage Groups Within Chrome Plugin? Sat Feb 08, 2014 08:10 AM Quote
Bluestreak66

It would be nice to be able to add/delete/change groups within the plugin itself. As it is now, I have to go to the website and add a new group and then can add the items to the group though the plugin. I use the sniper for all auctions I bid on and quite often bid on groups of Items where I only want one, so this feature is quite usful. Otherwise Excellent Plugin, I've used to to snipe thousands of dollars worth of equipment. Thanks for the Great work!

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Sat Feb 08, 2014 05:55 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Managing groups will add too much interface complication to the small pop-up window.
And when you consider that you don't need to manage Group so often as you add items to the snipe list, it may be better to keep it within the main interface so it won't be on your way when you don't need it most of the time.

As a work-around, you can try the following:
Open "Other items from this seller", specify some keywords for the item you want to add (not needed if the seller has 1-2 items only), then click "Snipe these".
You will get a slightly different pop-up window where you can add items in bulk and create a new Group for them.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 08:38 PM Quote

I didn't realize the "snipe these" Opened a different window. I would almost prefer to use that one over the other. It would be nice to have a "*New Group*" Option in the drop down and then If selected It shows the fields for the New group just like the "Snipe These" Popup There is plenty of room in the window as it is now and it wouldn't effect the way anyone used it until they selected "*New Group*" Sometimes I don't realize I'm going to be sniping a group of Items until I've already set it up for a few items and it would be nice to micro manage from the popup just my 2 cents. Either way I can't thank you enough for creating such a great service. Thanks

Sun Feb 09, 2014 02:57 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

I had something similar in the "Snipe it" pop-up in the past, but it was really confusing for most users so unfortunately I had to remove it and keep it in "Snipe these" only.
About 90% of users don't use Groups feature and they find this option confusing while they need to snipe 1-2 items at a time only.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 05:38 PM Quote
Bluestreak66

It appears now that the "snipe these" doesn't show up after eBay changed the layout. I've been trying to use it the last couple day but it doesn't seem to work.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 05:49 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Bluestreak66,
It seems like eBay is making the changes to their layout. We need to wait for them to complete in order to make updates to the browser's extension.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply