Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
Failed Snipes Wed May 28, 2008 11:03 PM Quote
pfmj

I have had 3 failed snipes recently where I should have had the highest bid but did not win the auction and eBay shows no record that my bid was placed. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Thu May 29, 2008 01:15 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Hello pfmj and welcome to our forums.

This is the message I see in the history:
"You either don't have a PayPal account or your PayPal account is not linked to your eBay account".

Some sellers put a requirement to have PayPal linked to your eBay account. You have to link them.

Please see detailed instructions from eBay on how to link the accounts by following this link:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/ebay-payments-my-payments.html
Check "Linking your eBay account to your PayPal account" section.

You can also contact eBay support to link your eBay and PayPal accounts.

Please feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

Failed Snipes Thu May 29, 2008 01:51 AM Quote
pfmj

Thanks for the tip. I have now linked my PayPal account to my eBay account. Seems strange that I have never run into this snag before when placing my own bids or using other sniping software. I can understand how 270236126676 may have failed for this reason because it lists PayPal as the only accepted payment method. However, 380028723428 and 300226499737 both list other acceptable payment methods, so I don't see why they would require a buyer to have a PayPal account or have it linked.

Btw, you mention the "message...in the history". Is this history visible to me somewhere so that I don't have to bother you with questions like this?

Thanks again.

Thu May 29, 2008 02:06 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Some sellers put this requirement, some don't. Seems like you just never bid on items with this requirement set.

I checked these auctions and see mentioning of Money Orders. I can't say why eBay said about PayPal, but it might be because eBay started to force PayPal.

Yes, the history is available, but you have to put your e-mail address in your Profile section in order to get those notifications.

Thanks.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply