Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
Text box for notes etc Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:17 PM Quote

Hi and thanks for such a great app! I use the online bidder and sometimes for my own reference I want to leave some text notes next to the item I am watching/bidding on. Is there any possibility you can provide this? A cell or box for text?

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Fri Jan 09, 2015 05:50 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

There is a "My Notes" field when you use the Windows application.
However, it's been used rarely and was abused sometimes when users start to put the whole description in there.
It was removed from the Web interface.

I may put it back if you need it. How big are your notes? Is one line should be good enough?

Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:16 PM Quote

Hi Sashka! Thanks for your reply. Sometimes I need a text box because I have made contact with a seller before the auction ends. I would put names, phone numbers, email addresses or things like that. Maybe space for up to 160 characters like an sms text message? Even 100 characters would be useful. Maybe this could be made as an option in 'My Profile, Options'.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 09:02 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I always use "My Messages" on eBay for things like that. They have a nice search where you can put the item number and you'll see all correspondence regarding it.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:07 PM Quote

Yes messaging is useful but it is not quite what I need. Using Myibidder sometimes I am watching several similar items and it is good to know which sellers I have been in contact with so I can adjust my bids. That is why the notes would be useful. All my notes and all the current item status viewable on one page. It would just make it easier.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply