Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Mobile (Android, iOS, BB, webOS) App support
Ebay limited your bidding Mon Mar 16, 2015 05:13 PM Quote
mat.molon

Hi

I recently used your app to bid on a item but after the auction ended your app didn't place a bid and showed a message saying 'ebay limited your bidding'

Does this mean that I had too many bids going at once?
If so what is the limit?

Cheers

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Mon Mar 16, 2015 06:42 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

That's eBay who limited the activity for you. I have no clue on why and what's the limit they put.
Please note that that's between you and eBay.

If you provide the item number, I can dig up deeper and get the full response from eBay.
Also, if you try to bid manually on eBay, you may get the same message so you can follow up (they may ask for additional account verification or things like that).

Mon Mar 16, 2015 07:06 PM Quote
mat.molon

Hi

Thanks for your quick response

I just tried to bid on a few other things with no problems from ebay, The item number of the original item is 400885088683

Thanks again for your time

Matt

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:00 PM Quote
mat.molon

Hi

It just failed place another bid #331504402004 with no message from ebay to the reason why, I can place bids on the ebay app with no problems but every time myibidder places a bid I get the same message on your app saying ebay limited your bidding.

Cheers
Matt

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:01 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Here is the full message from eBay:
Code: Select All
You've reached a temporary buying restriction.

It looks like you're unable to purchase this item at this time. To help prevent unpaid items, we restrict the number of auctions where a buyer is the highest bidder. If you're outbid on one of your auctions, you'll be able to bid on this or other items.
Alternately, to purchase this or other items, click the Add to cart or Buy It Now button in the listing, and pay for your item.

If you are able to bid now, that probably means you got outbid or something else moved your limit.

eBay restricted your account due to unpaid items Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:12 PM Quote
gaiking88

Hi, bumping this thread because I had the same problem just a few days ago. Which caused me to lose an item I have been looking for a long time!

I've checked my ebay account and I don't have any unpaid item strikes recently and I was able to buy an item off ebay just today.

So what caused this error? This is the item number: 252777308727

Wed Mar 01, 2017 06:41 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

gaiking88,
If eBay restricted your bidding so you could not bid manually, the sniper can't bid too.
The sniper has no control over it, that's between you and eBay only.

Here is the full message:
Code: Select All
You've reached a temporary buying restriction.

It looks like you've been restricted from bidding on auction-style listings or buying fixed-priced items that require a commitment because you haven't paid for previous items that you committed to buy.
To complete your purchase, click the Add to cart or Buy It Now button in the listing, and pay for your item.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply