Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
From where are the sniping bids placed? Sat May 21, 2016 03:41 AM Quote
snowiemountain

Okay, so I have been testing out both newest versions of windows and android software and I have found something that I'm curious about.

Windows program is on/android program is off:

I add an item in the windows program successfully. I shut off the windows program so it is not running. I start android and refresh, the new item is now added to android. My computer and tablet did not communicate for this.

Android program is on/windows program is off:

I add an item in the android program successfully. I shut off the android program so it is not running. I start windows program and the new item is now added to the windows program. My computer and tablet did not communicate for this.

The windows text reads "refresh from server".

Now you know the history of my story, from where do the sniping bids get placed? To me it seems that the bidding info is kept online since both programs go online to retrieve that information. Do the myibay servers get used to make the sniping bids on ebay?

Thanks for the clarification.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Sat May 21, 2016 10:24 PM Quote
snowiemountain

https://www.myibidder.com/download/

Myibay eBay bid sniper is Free for web-based usage, but if you want to track, manage and snipe your auctions using a stand-alone Windows-based software then you can buy this software.
This software works with your account on Myibidder directly so all snipes will be done using Myibidder remote server, this way you don't need to keep this software and your PC online all the time -- just activate your snipe and are you done.

When I was told about this, it was said the program was needed and the bids were done by our own computer but with the info from above the myibidder servers are used.

Guess I found the answer myself. Good program btw.

Sun May 22, 2016 01:04 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Yes, it uses a remote server to place your bids.

You said you were told that your own computer places bids. Can you please clarify on where did you read it? Was it on Myibidder website? In this case it needs clarifications.

Thu May 26, 2016 05:08 AM Quote
snowiemountain

I was told that info from a friend, I did school them on how it does work. That info was not from your website.

Great program, keep up the good work!

Forums IndexNew TopicReply