Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Mac OS X app Beta testers
No love for OS X Sierra? Tue Jul 12, 2016 07:12 PM Quote
uberclear

Hi Sashka,

As you might be aware, the program crashes on launch in OS X Sierra Beta. Any hope for Mac users?

Despite a few bugs and an occasional crash, your program has served me well, until now. The web interface would be just as good, but i have not found a way to update the current bid amounts - which was the main reason to use the software. I recall that it used to update somehow on refresh, but no more. It has no problem updating for the ended auctions though. Am I missing something?

In any case, thank you muchly for your auction sniper. It's the best one I found.

All the best,
Vadim

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Jul 12, 2016 09:11 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I'm not aware of it crashing on Sierra, mainly because I don't have it running anywhere.
I'll try to get it on VM to see if there is something. But like with some Apple beta products, some things may be crashing due to the product being Beta. We'll see.

The update using Web interface is done when you click the "Snipe" button and click the "Refresh" button located under item's information.
Just a note that the current bid amount does not affect the sniping itself.

Re: No love for OS X Sierra? Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:34 AM Quote
uberclear

Thank you! I can send the crash report, if it helps. You are right, it might be a Beta issue. Perhaps it's best to wait until the official release in September.

I found that the only way to update to show the current bidding activity is to open the item page and use the Chrome plugin. It might also work in Firefox, I don't use it. Clicking "Change" from the pop-up window or refreshing it does not help. But at least there is a way. And again you are right, this is of secondary importance.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 03:55 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

You don't need to send the crash report if the issue is repeatable by doing certain steps.
Please provide the steps for me to replicate it.

The "Change" button just saves your changes, it does not refresh the item's information. Please use the "Refresh" button located on the Snipe screen to refresh item's information.

Personally, I try not to refresh it to avoid being emotionally involved into bidding wars by increasing my snipe based on the current bid.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 04:37 PM Quote
uberclear

The steps are as follows:

1. open the program
2. an empty window opens for a split second and closes right away
3. a crash report appears
4. the end.

But seriously, I probably shouldn't have bothered you about this, when Sierra is still in its early Beta stage. I wish your software not working were the only problem. Anyway, this can certainly wait until September. I know what a pain in the neck VM is and only use it myself as a last resort.

I generally agree that adjusting your bidding behavior based on other people's is somewhat irrational and unhealthy. But sometimes knowing that your snipe is already too low helps you plan. Group bidding helps too and is more rational, no question about it.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 04:56 PM Quote
uberclear

I hate to admit, I just saw the Refresh button for the first time, and only after staring at the screen and looking for it, for about a minute. The fact that's it's smack in the center of the screen somehow made it invisible. Thanks, this helps.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 05:40 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I'll see if I can just install it on VM to see how it crashes. Just curious. Thank you for the provided information.
I had a similar issue with one of the iOS beta versions which was fixed with the actual release so it's really possible the same thing here.

Last edited on Wed Jul 13, 2016 05:40 PM.
 Wed Jul 13, 2016 06:09 PM Quote
uberclear

OK, thanks again!

Fri Oct 07, 2016 08:35 PM Quote
dvor

any news?

Sat Oct 08, 2016 06:27 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

dvor,
Can you please let me know what exactly does not work for you? The exact steps to replicate would be nice.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 03:37 PM Quote
dvor

Sashka wrote:
dvor,
Can you please let me know what exactly does not work for you? The exact steps to replicate would be nice.

i've never used the app before sierra release. 0.9.3 is the last one, right?
at first run all was ok. i logged in, moved some columns, made/refresh some snipes.
the app crashed. i run it again, but it keep crashing (with notification about... not sure... "open/close some windows")
i deleted the app (through cmd+del, and through appcleaner), downloaded it again, but it keep crashing (without any notification).
may be there is some config file i should erase?

Mon Oct 10, 2016 07:49 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Got it. Crashes on refresh, but everything else is fine.
I'll investigate.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 02:00 AM Quote
uberclear

It sure would be nice to have the app back, now that Sierra is officially released.

On top of the app crashing on launch, recently I missed a few auctions with "eBay requires verification code" message. Pretty frustrating.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 03:21 AM Quote
uberclear

UPDATE Uninstalled with CleanMyMac, and installed again. Hallelujah! It launched, and no crashes yet! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Now, if that pesky Verification Code problem can be solved...

Tue Oct 11, 2016 03:52 AM Quote
uberclear

UPDATE 2 Ok, I guess my jubilation was premature. After fresh installation, the app works exactly once. Once it's been closed, any subsequent attempts to re-open and login lead to the app crashing. If auto login is enabled, the app crashes on launch.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 03:16 PM Quote
Sashka
Support
 Tue Oct 11, 2016 08:26 PM Quote
uberclear

I know it is not related, little consolation that this is. I didn't want to post in several places at once, but on the other hand it seemed silly not to mention the elephant in the room. Here's hoping you can resolve this soon.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply