Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

1   2   3   4   5 
General Support for Myibidder service
News
MySniper is not working / ebay is controlling the snipes.... Sun Oct 23, 2016 06:21 PM Quote
JisArcher

..well, I lost a good snipe also today, seems they look in the moment at german users...
First I got a " Nicht autorisierte Nutzung Ihres Kontos – dringender Handlungsbedarf" email and my account was frozen.
Then I lost the following snipes:
Item #152278438933
and
Item #361773193558

Had to reset my password to reactivate my ebay account. I can not recommend to use in the moment this service until this is resolved. Could be possibly that ebay also listens in..be carefull.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Sun Oct 23, 2016 06:24 PM Quote
icq5564476

Unfortunately I have the same problem:

The following bid attempt was placed per your request:
Item #252595765525: Huawei Smartwatch Active mit Stahlband *black*schwarz *watch*Android *Huawei*
Final price: 201.00
Snipe: 205.00
Status from eBay:
eBay requires verification code

lost snime verification code Sun Oct 23, 2016 08:16 PM Quote
franck976

Same problem for me, item 272420770163
"Ebay Verification code required"

Is there a solution or I have to bid manually?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 08:58 PM Quote
KNLL

Same problem
item 262677710904
My Status: eBay requires verification code

Verification code Sun Oct 23, 2016 09:32 PM Quote
sn88

I'm having the same problem with verification codes. Also had to reset ebay password several times this week.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:24 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

It seems like it was back again. I did some additional changes to mitigate it and it appears to be fine.

As mentioned before, several users reported that it helped them to call eBay and ask to allow to login to their accounts from other IP addresses.
Once the restriction is lifted, their snipes appear to be good.

After all, eBay does not want to lose your bids and I think they understand that.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 09:25 AM Quote
yosss_88

Same problem
item 262672061393
My Status: eBay requires verification code

I only use Myibidder and never bid manually. Ebay is therefore only receiving bids from your IP address. This suggests they are intentionally targeting snipers.

For me, the problem started on 10 October 2016.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 03:24 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

yosss_88,
You may be right, but I personally see no point in targeting snipers because many users have no way to snipe manually and so eBay will lose in the long run.

I suspect that eBay is rolling out new changes related to account security. Who knows, maybe there will be a dashboard where you can specify a list of allowed IP addresses.
That would resolve the issue and still protect your account from real unauthorized access.

Verification Code Mon Oct 24, 2016 05:10 PM Quote
bakudir

Greetings,

Myibbidder is a wonderful tool, and so thank you for all the good work and support.

About two weeks ago the error message started appearing: "eBay requires verification code." I called Ebay then, and customer service indicated they could not offer support nor suggestions to allow auto-snipes to go through, as this is a security issue. They suggested instead to contact third-party support. Hoping all was resolved, I placed a bid today, but unfortunately received the same error: "eBay requires verification code."

Mon Oct 24, 2016 08:25 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

bakudir,
Obviously, the sniper can't control eBay's captcha because it's enabled by eBay.
It's possible the rep was not really clear on what's going on and so provided such advice.

Anyway, did you have an issue with your snipe placed today? Because I see no issues as of now.
If yes, please provide the item number. If you don't want to share it on the public forums, you can send it to the support directly.

Following Up: Ebay Requires Verification Code Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:47 AM Quote
bakudir

Greetings,

Thank you for your very quick, and courteous follow-up. The auction on which Ebay requested a verification ended 23/October. Here is the auction number: 381807410818. As you will see, mine was the winning bid, but this was placed by another third party service. Oddly, Ebay did not require a verification code from the other third party service (yet for this auction, Ebay did require the capcha from Myibidder).

Thank you again -

Tue Oct 25, 2016 02:48 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

bakudir,
The issue repeated on Oct 23rd, but it looks good as of now.

It depends on the other 3rd party software. Most 3rd party software don't deal with passwords and so captcha issue does not apply to it.

Last edited on Tue Oct 25, 2016 02:53 AM.
 Tue Oct 25, 2016 05:49 PM Quote
yosss_88

Just to let you know that two bids went through successfully on the evening of the 24th October.
So, hopefully that is the end of this problem. Fingers crossed!

bids not executed. Fri Oct 28, 2016 05:54 PM Quote
frenznz

When it works it's perfect. It didn't work. I changed the ebay password, changed the ibidder to the same, added in new bids, 4,5,6 days later, same again. Verification needed, bids blocked. At ebay message: unauthorised access password deacvtiavted, telling me pick new password. I have given up.

ebay blocking bids Fri Oct 28, 2016 05:57 PM Quote
freznzn

I have a message: unauthorised account access, password deactivated, choose new password to login.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 07:58 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

When eBay reset your password, the sniper has no way to know your new password until you sync it by loging in to the sniper using it.

You may try to contact eBay's Account security department and tell them this was actually authorized (you authorized the sniper to bid after all) and you don't want it to be blocked in the future.

ebay verification code Sun Oct 30, 2016 07:08 PM Quote
bjscoincabinet

Approximately 2 weeks ago I started having a major issue with
my snipes being rejected and requiring I reset my ebay password. After daily conversations (some quite heated) with
Ebay, I have concluded the problem is in fact with Mybidder.
I don't know why or how the ISP address or addresses Mybidder is using are now causing a problem, but apparently if I am
logged on to ebay while snipes are being executed by Mybidder, Ebay's security protocalls trigger and block the
account due to concerns about unauthorized access from multiple ISP addresses at the same time. I have used Mybidder
for years without triggering Ebay security protocalls.
I must conclude Mybidder has changed something recently which trigger those security protocalls. If not resolved
promptly, I will be forced to find a new auction sniping
service.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 04:06 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

bjscoincabinet,
There is nothing changed on the sniper's side to trigger the issue.
I know eBay is a live system and they have changes almost on the daily basis. I'm sure something got changed on their side to start acting up like this.

Yes, the sniper's connection attempts probably triggered that, but it was doing this for years with no such issues.
I got my password request when I was offline and I had no snipes pending or sniping. I had one snipe done about 2 days before that, but I was offline at that time too.
So it seems like eBay had implemented some complicated logic to track it.

I think if we'll keep suggesting eBay to have some kind of white list manageable by users where they can specific certain IPs which should not be blocked, that will solve the issue.

ebay verification code Mon Oct 31, 2016 05:12 PM Quote
bjscoincabinet

Could you supply mybidder's IP address so I may address that
issue with ebay?

Tue Nov 01, 2016 01:15 AM Quote
beepbeep

i just got off the phone with customer support and she basically told me my activity wasn't legal, ebay doesn't support snipers, and the extra login security isn't going anywhere. f**k ebay tho seriously.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply

1   2   3   4   5