Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
Password Not Visible. Fri Jan 20, 2023 05:36 PM Quote
Mycalrp

It is super annoying when having trouble with your password not to be able to see what is being filled in the blank (I use Lastpass and Bitwarden). There should always be a way to make the password visible.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Fri Jan 20, 2023 06:22 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

If you need to make the password visible, then it defeats one of the purpose of password for being secret to you only.
If you use Lastpass, then you just need to copy your password from Lastpass into the sniper, not another way around.
Please let me know your use-case where you need to copy your password from the sniper by looking at it.

Password not visible. Sun Jan 22, 2023 05:17 PM Quote
Mycalrp

1- There is nobody ever standing around and looking over my shoulder when I sign in. Ever. And if there were, they would be trusted family member.

2- My password is long enough and complicated enough that it can not be understood or memorized on a short glimpse.

3- It is not uncommon that the password copied over by Lasspass does not work (for any of several reasons) -- AND I CAN'T SEE WHY because I can't see what the pw is. Hard to fix when you can't see what is wrong.

4- There should always be an option for the user to see what is in the password box. It is just good programming. The vast majority of sites have this option to click to see pw in the box.

5- As a customer, I am telling you what would make your site better. Your customers that don't want their pw visible can just not click on the visibility option.

Last edited on Sun Jan 22, 2023 05:21 PM.
 Mon Jan 23, 2023 01:12 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

1. You are not the only user of Myibidder. This is why it's there and this is why it's there on many other services where you put some kind of sensitive information.

2. Not sure how it's related to the password not being visible. You control your own password, but I still don't see a reason why you need to copy it from the sniper to Lastpass. That usually happens another way around.

3. Please let me know the use case where you need to copy the password from Myibidder to Lastpass.

4. I just tried eBay website and they don't show your password. It shows the dots/stars instead, but not your actual password.

5. I'm trying to figure out the use-case where you need to copy your password from Myibidder to Lastpass to see how this can be implemented properly. You are just telling me you need it, but not explaining why. Please let me know.

Password not visible. Mon Jan 30, 2023 04:50 PM Quote
Mycalrp

The issue is not about copying passwords. I also use Bitwarden. The issue is not being able to see the password, when the login does not go through to see what pw was put in. Where the password comes from or goes to is irrelevant.

What does it take to just put in a botton to see password when desired? Many sites have this.

Mon Jan 30, 2023 05:02 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Once the password is used successfully, the sniper does not store it anymore. What it stores is a token for your session.
This is why it can't show you the password since it does not have it.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply