Sniping with myibay.com
1. Q: Ok, I'm ready! How to use sniping on myibay.com?
This is easy. Just follow these steps:
- 1. Log in (if you did not log in yet).
- 2. Put eBay ID of auction you are willing to monitor or to bid on.
- 3. Click "Snipe" button.
- 4. Enter your maximum bid amount.
- 5. Check "Activated" box.
- 6. Click "Change" or "Update" button.
Your bidding field will turn different color. That means it's ready.
If you have an e-mail address in your Profile, you will get an e-mail notification when bid is done.
2. Q: Can I snipe more than one auction?
Yes, you can snipe as many auctions as you like at the same time.
3. Q: When my snipe will be placed?
You can specify the time you need.
The default value is 6 seconds and we recommend to keep it somewhere between 10-6 seconds.
4. Q: How to cancel my snipe?
You can cancel your snipe by one of the following ways:
- You can delete your item from your list.
- You can de-activate your snipe (remove checkbox from Activate Snipe/Enable Snipe).
5. Q: What's the latest I can put my bid for snipe?
The latest when your snipe must be ready (activated) is 3 minutes
before auction is ended.
6. Q: What's the latest I can cancel my snipe?
The latest time for you to be able to cancel or delete your snipe is at least 1 minute
before auction is ended.
7. Q: Current bid is $10.00, my snipe at $30.00. What will happen?
If your snipe is higher that current bid then you will pay only one eBay bid increment more
than the person before you.
That means if current maximum bid is $10.00 then you will pay $10.00 + $0.50 = $10.50 only.
Increments depends on the current bid range. You can see all increments here:
8. Q: Do you have a software to manage it?
9. Q: Do you have a browser plugin for sniping?
Yes, we have a plugin for your browser to make your sniping easy and more fun.
You can see a list of available plugins for download on Download
page and checking out "Free stuff". Our support includes (but not limited to) MS Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera browsers.
10. Q: What is the time zone of myibay.com?
myibay.com is using eBay local time (Pacific Time zone). Time sync is done with multiple time servers and kept precise within 1 second.
11. Q: What about Daylight Saving Time (DST) switch?
myibay.com will switch times automatically between DST/EST when required.
You don't need to worry about this.
12. Q: How does it work with "Buy It Now" auctions?
If an auction has plain "Buy It Now" (BIN) without starting bid then there is no reason to snipe on it just because you could do BIN and get it without waiting.
If an auction has both starting price (bidding option) and BIN then you can not put your snipe the same as BIN amount or higher -- eBay will not allow you. So you have to either put your snipe lower than BIN or just do BIN if price is good for you.
13. Q: Why "current bid" is not current?
Current bid is for informational purposes only and does not affect your snipes in any way
the "Current bid" field is updated about 1-2 times per day only on low-priority basis (this way high-priority goes to your snipes) and at the end of the auction.Manually
, you can do it by clicking "Refresh" button in the "Snipe" window or by adding the item id anew.
14. Q: My snipe was slightly higher, but I lost. Why?