Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

1   2 
General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
add option to avoid bidding on ebay UK, otherwise not earning ebay bucks Mon Dec 19, 2016 09:29 PM Quote
bigjumpfish77

I am using Pro version 4.4 on Android. Thanks a lot for your app and service! I registers in ebay US.
I had several winning bids with the snipper on items in UK, and ended up earning zero ebay bucks. Ebay customer service says that I was using snipper. I would avoid using this app on items outside of US since then.
Would you please add an option to always bid on the ebay US? I think I always access items on ebay US, even when some items are sold by UK sellers with GBP price.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Dec 20, 2016 04:19 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

If the item is listed and available on eBay UK only, you have to use eBay UK to bid (that's what the sniper does).
If you did not use eBay US, you will not get eBay bucks.

Tue Dec 20, 2016 09:12 PM Quote
bigjumpfish77

I never tried to access ebay.uk or ebay.co.uk. I always found the items at ebay.com, including items listed by UK sellers. When I manually bid UK items, I always got ebay bucks. Yet I won several items with the snipper and got zero ebay bucks. Then the $0.00 bucks amount is clickable on my ebay web portal, with the following hints:

You didn't earn eBay Bucks for this purchase.

This purchase was not eligible for eBay Bucks because it was not purchased on www.ebay.com. For more details, see our Terms and Conditions.

Please Note: Some third-party bidding applications may process your www.ebay.com purchase on a non-qualifying eBay site. Learn more

Tue Dec 20, 2016 09:27 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

If you bid using ebay.com, you get eBay bucks. Otherwise you don't. That's how it's set by eBay.

The sniper tries to use ebay.com (assuming the "My Snipe Target" option is set to "Auto"). But if the item is not available on ebay.com, then the sniper will force switch to eBay UK.

You can check your "My Snipe Target" option in your "Profile" section after you login to the sniper using the Web interface: https://www.myibidder.com/

Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:17 PM Quote
bigjumpfish77

Thanks for your following up!
I checked my profile in snipper web portal, and my ebay country is "ebay US", and the snipe target is "Auto". Can I set it to bid only on ebay US?

Wed Dec 21, 2016 02:05 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

"Auto" means it will bid using eBay US. But some items are not available to bid using eBay US, so it will switch to eBay UK for those.

Wed Dec 21, 2016 07:43 AM Quote
bigjumpfish77

It seems to me you would attribute the cause to that some items are available only in UK ebay but not in US ebay. However, I never visited UK ebay directly, and I haven't lost any ebay bucks for any foreign items after switching to manual bidding via the ebay Android app. So ebay Android app always successfully bids on US ebay even for foreign items? I bid regularly in similar item category, so I tend to think the only uncontrolled factor for me is the automatic fallback behavior in the snipper, from US ebay to UK ebay.
Thanks anyway!

Wed Dec 21, 2016 08:29 AM Quote
bigjumpfish77

I just reviewed my ebay bucks history. I had won 4 bidding for UK items by the snipper during 07/01 - 11/16, and every one of them got zero ebay bucks, each with the above note from ebay. After 11/17, I had won 8 bidding for UK items manually, and every one of them got expected ebay bucks. All the items are in the same category and are qualify for ebay bucks. So that comes my derivation.

Wed Dec 21, 2016 08:29 AM Quote
bigjumpfish77

I just reviewed my ebay bucks history. I had won 4 bidding for UK items by the snipper during 07/01 - 11/16, and every one of them got zero ebay bucks, each with the above note from ebay. After 11/17, I had won 8 bidding for UK items manually, and every one of them got expected ebay bucks. All the items are in the same category and are qualify for ebay bucks. So that comes my derivation.

Wed Dec 21, 2016 04:35 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I guess the UK items you saw were available on US and UK, so the sniper used US to place bids.
When item is not available on US, eBay provides a message like "This item is not available for purchase using eBay US, please go to eBay UK where the item is listed".

I believe if seller offers PayPal and offers world-wide shipping the item is available on all eBay sites. If PayPal is not offered, it can't be listed on eBay US.

In the past it was possible for the seller to change availability while the listing is still active. I'm not sure if it's possible now.

Wed Dec 21, 2016 09:00 PM Quote
bigjumpfish77

I agree to you, Sashka.
So in these cases, how can I get the help from snipper to bid at my sleep time, and earn ebay bucks? Any new feature you could think of to add? Does my original suggestion make sense?

Fri Dec 23, 2016 02:20 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

If item is not available on eBay US so you can't even bid directly, the sniper can't bid too.
You will not earn eBay bucks for bids placed on non-eBay US sites.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:52 AM Quote
bigjumpfish77

Well. I guess my concern in this topic for the snipper is not heard. I will then always bid manually on ebay US for any item that is accessible (e.g. viewable and can be bid) on ebay US and residing outside of the US.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 03:31 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

It does not matter where the seller/item resides, it matters how seller listed the item only.
Sometimes the item is not accessible on eBay US and so you can't use eBay US to place bids.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 08:00 AM Quote
bigjumpfish77

I only accessed ebay.com web interface to add items to my watch list, and then I imported my watch list to the myibidder Android app. Would there be a way to tell whether an item is NOT able to be bid by myibidder via ebay.com in such case? Thanks.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 09:14 PM Quote
bigjumpfish77

Or would you please add this below workaround: adding one new entry "eBay United States" to snipe target list, along with existing "Auto", "eBay United Kingdom", etc.

Would the above suggestion come with the least implementation cost for you?

Sat Jan 07, 2017 05:26 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

The "Auto" option is the same as "eBay US". It shows auto because when eBay US refuses, it will switch to eBay UK instead of losing the item.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 08:06 AM Quote
bigjumpfish77

I am in IT career, and I hope you could understand what I suggest here is simply to bypass the existing AUTO feature/ fall-back behavior because it brings the bitter outcome and customer experience instead of helping at-least for me. And I was told the AUTO behavior is OK and it is due to the seller/item. Yet the multiple repros tell me that I shouldn't try the scenario any more without any algorithm change or workaround. I feel sad for the communication here.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 05:04 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

You mean you agree to lose the snipe if eBay US does not accept your bid?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 01:49 AM Quote

>> You mean you agree to lose the snipe if eBay US does not accept your bid?
Yes. After your change comes out, I would perform one test by having the snipper bid at 12 seconds ahead, and manually bidding at 5 seconds ahead. Then I would know whether the snipper service is able to go through or not.

When I bid manually on ebay.com via desktop web browser, or via ebay Android app, I think my bid only went to ebay US. Is this a correct assumption? I had never tried to access ebay UK to find an item or add an item to ebay watch list, though I won some bid from UK sellers via ebay US.

Or could you help in another direction to move this forward a bit: is there a way to tell whether a given item from UK seller in my ebay.com watch list can NOT be bid by your sniper via ebay.com? With manual bidding, I had always succeeded in submitting my bids for such item from UK sellers, and never lost ebay bucks after winning. So there appears to me no difference across items from UK, with 6+ manual bidding after avoiding sniper.

I think your sniper service won't do further fallback after talking to ebay UK, so I would like to see an option which does not do fallback after talking to ebay US.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply

1   2