Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
No snipe showing on Firefox Ebay listings. Chrome works Sat Jul 29, 2023 04:24 PM Quote
joslinm

New computer and no snipe shows on Firefox Ebay listings. Installed on Chrome and works fine, but not my first choice

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Sat Jul 29, 2023 05:41 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

eBay is testing out some new changes. I don't see it on my side yet so it probably did not roll out completely yet.
We need to wait for eBay to complete and finalize this for the Myibidder add-on to be updated accordingly.

Please note it does not affect your current snipe. You can still add and manage snipes at https://www.myibidder.com/

Sun Jul 30, 2023 03:44 PM Quote
design-junkie

same here - no myibidder snipe button on ebay (mac and firefox.
Been using myibidder since 2008

Mon Jul 31, 2023 02:33 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

@design-junkie,
Please do check my response above.

Thu Aug 03, 2023 01:23 AM Quote
jdavis37

Chrome just failed as well. Edge works at the moment. The Myibidder snipe icon has disappeared on my Chrome pages. Any idea when this functionality might return?

Thu Aug 03, 2023 05:44 PM Quote
jdavis37

As an add on, my PC is running Windows 11. The myibidder icon has disappeared from ebay pages when viewed on chrome. One our other PC, which is windows 10 based, the myibidder icon does appear in ebay via Chrome. Via Edge on my pc, the myibidder icon still appears on ebay pages. The latter seems odd given their shared heritage but it also seems odd that using different browsers results in different results if eBay themselves are the cause.

Thu Aug 03, 2023 05:50 PM Quote
jdavis37

One more add on.. I cleared all chrome cookies associated with eBay, and at the moment the myibidder snipe icon is restored

Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:14 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

@jdavis37,
Did you have a chance to check my response above where I mentioned the cause of the missing icon?
Please do. Let me know if you need additional information.

By clearing cookies you just reset your identification which is used for eBay to determine if you are part of the testing or not.

Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:24 PM Quote
jdavis37

Sashka wrote:
@jdavis37,
Did you have a chance to check my response above where I mentioned the cause of the missing icon?
Please do. Let me know if you need additional information.

By clearing cookies you just reset your identification which is used for eBay to determine if you are part of the testing or not.

Sashka.. I knew in the past eBay had made changes and it took a little time on your end to accommodate them (going to version 2.01 if memory serves me). This time, the symptoms varied widely. Edge worked. Chrome didn;t but chromoe on my wife's computer worked fine. After clearing the chrome cookies on my computer, things began to work again. I suspect it will disappear again given what you have just said. Hopefully, eBay will decide on what it is they are doing to allow you to find a fix. Thhanks for responding on the forums here. Should help many others!

Fri Aug 04, 2023 04:33 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Each browser has its own session cookies. eBay uses that to roll out a specific session to their testing or not.
If you clear the cookies, you may roll yourself out of that. But eBay may roll you back after some time. Or not.
You don't control it. In any case, the new changes are not global and it's even possible some users get one set of changes and others get another set.
It needs to be fully roll out to make an update on my side to accommodate all users, otherwise it won't work.

Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:59 PM Quote
jdavis37

Sashka wrote:
Each browser has its own session cookies. eBay uses that to roll out a specific session to their testing or not.
If you clear the cookies, you may roll yourself out of that. But eBay may roll you back after some time. Or not.
You don't control it. In any case, the new changes are not global and it's even possible some users get one set of changes and others get another set.
It needs to be fully roll out to make an update on my side to accommodate all users, otherwise it won't work.

Thanks... helps to understand what is going on. Has to make your job a pain though I understand eBay is not there for your convenience! (they just help my money for 31 days following a sale without explanation so i know their concern for outsiders is reduced). If my icon disappears again I'll try the cookie clearing again to see if that has similar results. hopefully, they settle in on things in the near future and allow you to make a chnage that will work for all for the foreseeable future!

Sat Aug 26, 2023 04:26 AM Quote
FrankLeuband

Seems the change has arrived on ebay.de - no snipe button visible (in Firefox) since a few days.
Deleted the ebay cookies, but that didn't help.

Sat Aug 26, 2023 05:28 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Sounds like the change should be available to everyone, so I could make the update for it.
I still don't see it on my side, but I would expect it will be in a few days.

Sat Aug 26, 2023 07:19 PM Quote
jdavis37

Sashka wrote:
Sounds like the change should be available to everyone, so I could make the update for it.
I still don't see it on my side, but I would expect it will be in a few days.

Since clearing my cookies in Chrome, I have not had the problem again. The snipe icon is consistently there and functional. Most likely just a matter of time!

Forums IndexNew TopicReply